Friday, February 28, 2020

I Didn't Mean to Bore You


VERSE 1
What do I do to earn my glorious payday?
More like what I do to pass the time away
I create magic universes for others to see
Create 3D characters who eventually bleed
Write it all down and let the printer’s ink dry
Which is more than I’ll say about your eyes
Ask more questions, go ahead, I implore you
I’m so, so sorry, I didn’t mean to bore you

VERSE 2
One word answers are all that I’ll give
Code of silence is how I choose to live
Resting Bitch Face so photogenic
Photoshop’s got nothing on this edit
Blunt affect voice, my weapon of choice
Groaning and grunting, my only noise
Don’t take this as a sign I’ll ignore you
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bore you

BRIDGE
No common ground between the two of us
No longevity of friendship or moment of lust
Nothing to do but milk the grandfather clock
I can tell you’re more excited picking out socks

VERSE 3
Did I do anything fun on Valentine’s Day?
Sat on my ass and watched time tick away
Waiting for exhaustion to pass over my mind
Looking for inspiration anywhere I can find
Did I do anything fun on the fourth of July?
Just lay in my beddy-bye and ask myself why
Mandatory fun? I’d never even force you
I’m so, so sorry, I didn’t mean to bore you

FINAL VERSE
Until next time when we’re strangers again
Remember me not as your favorite friend
Remember me not as the one who rewards you
I’m so, so sorry, I didn’t mean to bore you

No comments:

Post a Comment