Thursday, February 20, 2020

Oswald


I see you everyday sleeping your life away
Losing time again, can’t convince you to stay
Your legs are so weak you can’t stand up
Is this your way of saying you’ve had enough?
I’ll miss you dearly on the day that you pass
I’ll miss your chubby belly, so much mass
I’ll miss you rolling over on your back
I’ll miss you munching on a chicken snack
Miss your precious face, expressions so sweet
Miss your pretty eyes, close them as you sleep
The Rainbow Bridge is waiting for you
Make lots of friends for me, old and new
I hope your life was one worth living
My love for you was well worth giving
One of these days, we’ll cross paths again
Even in death, you’ll be my sweetest friend
Until next time, my Buddha-bellied feline
Until next time, my little oinking swine
Soon you will be free of your elderly pain
You’ll be missed so much, our eyes will rain
Losing fuzzy friends never gets easier
Reincarnate one day into someone beefier

No comments:

Post a Comment