Tuesday, February 25, 2020

We Need to Talk


Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk
Grab your coat and let’s go for a walk
You’re not in trouble, of that I’m sure
I swear my intentions are good and pure
But something you did upset me so
It’ll be a while before you finally know
Let the quiet tension build within you
Run the gamut of drama old and new
Anxiety weighs heavily on your soul
Head is swimming, blood runs cold
You already forgot you’re not in trouble
Let your stomach acids boil and bubble
Remember that thing you did days ago?
Remember what you said with angry flow?
It hurts when you do that, don’t do it again
I actually reconsidered us being best friends
I’ll put it behind me, no question about it
But even you are beginning to doubt it
You’re red in the face, damp in the eyes
The next word from your mouth is a cry
You hold it in, let your eyeballs ache
Let your mind circle, your heart break
We had a good talk, though you never spoke
You desperately wanted this to be a joke
You won’t accept a hug from my arms
You won’t accept my sweetest charms
When we get back home, you stew alone
Glued to your computer or smart phone
Anything to get away from the awkwardness
And the guilt and shame on top of this
Until next time when you do it again
Solitude and blankets, your only friends
Make no mistake, we needed this talk
But when I’m gone, you’ll change the lock

No comments:

Post a Comment