Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Gary-Stu


I spent a hundred years in the navy
The sexy siren is carrying my baby
I spent five decades in the marines
They all call me a fighting machine
I spent half a century in the army
No way could the enemy harm me
I spent ten years in the air force
I still don’t make sense, of course
I’m a Gary-Stu who’s lost at sea
Always carry machineguns with me
A battleaxe bigger than my body
Always imitated, but never copied
Except by those trying to make a buck
Make a fortune from negative luck
Put me in a videogame or paperback
I’m a macho man, genetically jacked
Everybody wants to buy my image
Everybody wants to laugh at critics
Everybody wants to look for tropes
Everybody’s given too much rope
Whatever happened to character depth?
Got slaughtered in a battle to the death
Everybody’s got their own little flaws
They don’t include too much brawn
They don’t include a nasty attitude
They don’t include a lazy aptitude
Three dimensional isn’t hard to achieve
All you have to do is make them believe
If a captain is going to be lost at sea
If a warrior is going to bleed, bleed, bleed
If a damsel in distress screams one last time
Put some reason in your fucked up rhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment