Saturday, February 16, 2019

Staying In Bed


To hell with being dutiful
Staying in bed is beautiful
A purring kitty on my chest
He agrees that it’s time to rest
Piano music calms me down
Hypnotized by the gentle sound
Cold breeze blowing outside
Under the blankets is where I hide
Back to work on another day
Couldn’t motivate myself anyway
Stare at the ceiling, think about life
Share my bed with an imaginary wife
Watch movies playing in my head
They don’t make a lick of sense
Heater blasting on a winter night
Makes resisting sleep an uphill fight
But I can’t stay here forever and ever
Despite the drop in barometric pressure
Another day waits on the other side
That way you can’t say I never tried
Still walking around like the undead
Not a whole lot going on in my head
A few more hours until it gets dark
Until rainwater floods the public park
Until the moon shines down upon us all
Until face down on the bed is where I fall
Disconnect my telephone line
Tomorrow everything will be just fine
Like it is almost every damn day
No sense in asking me if I’m okay

No comments:

Post a Comment