Friday, December 27, 2019

Sit With You


Excuse me? Can I sit down with you?
Beginning again is hard for me to do
Making new friends is not my strength
My relationships have the shortest length
One minute we’re talking about nothing
The next we’re distracted by something
A new job, a new house, a new friend
An old foe, an old trauma, and no end
You’re a dinner and movie date away
We want to go, but we can’t even stay
My name is Garrison in case you care
How much of my soul should I bare?
Do my stories bore you? Make you cringe?
Should I move closer to the fringe?
Should I fake charisma I never had?
Is my awkwardness really that bad?
I gave it a shot whether I succeeded or not
Nobody can say I never even fought
On to the next one, whoever that is
Another beautiful soul I learn to miss
Why do I keep doing this to myself?
How much more pain must be felt?
Rejection is a passing thought to you
To me it hurts like a permanent bruise
It’s not your fault and it never was
It’s all on me and enough is enough
Isolation is both a gift and a curse
But at least it can’t get any worse
Loneliness isn’t something to fear
My own demons will always be here

No comments:

Post a Comment