Saturday, November 14, 2020

Sing a Different Tune

 You butter me up like I’m corn on the cob

Oscar-worthy performance to make me sob

Touch my heart with your fingers and lips

Thirsty fan boys already coming up with ships


But you see who I am, sing a different tune

Bellyful of jelly, peanut butter on a spoon

Head full of dread, awkward to the max

All your kisses and hugs turn into attacks


You throw money at me like a stripper

Looking for poetry to undo your zipper

Stories that will make your soul fly high

You kiss my hand and call me cutie pie


But you see what I write, sing a different tune

Ramblings and rants of a silly little loon

Some swearing, piss, vinegar, and saltiness

Set my book on fire, now you’re assaulting it


You put me in a box before you met me

Now you can’t wait to fucking forget me

Being who I am sent you to a therapist

To complain about my venom and arrogance


Get to know me before you kneel and blow me

Fake promises are all that you’ve shown me

Trying to mold me into something I’m not

Sorry, but my soul could never be bought


All of you motherfuckers will sing a different tune

Not a hint of Happy Birthday in the month of June

Not a Hip-Hip-Hooray or asking if I’m okay

But a nee-ner-nee-ner-nee-ner and Go Away


I’ve never once been the leader of a choir

A perfect brain child, something I can’t sire

A perfect image of what you all call beauty

Sing a different tune so blue and moody

No comments:

Post a Comment