Thursday, November 12, 2020

Philosophy

 Let me ask you a philosophical question…


If I write a thousand stories and nobody cares

Do they suddenly vanish into nothing but air?

If I fall in love and leave everyone disgusted

Can any of my feelings really be so trusted?

If I make money delivering another cook’s meal

Are they the ones who deserve all of the zeal?

If I pet a thousand cats and make them purr

Does worldwide harmony suddenly occur?

If I feed a thousand hamburgers to hungry dogs

Will anybody hear their little howling songs?

If I have a thousand dreams underneath the sheets

Will I wake up just to taste lifelong defeat?

If I get a thousand likes on this picture of me

Is it true beauty that the public wants to see?

If everybody tells me that I should shoot my shot

Will I hit the target every time? Probably not

Success is more heavenly than the pearly gates

So why is it that I continue to sit around and wait?

Because taking action has a lethal consequence

High risk, high reward, no sitting on the fence

Failure is inevitable, but it shouldn’t be deadly

A safety net is what the gods should send me

But no universal space god watches my back

One big mistake, my whole world goes black

Playing it safe is considered mediocrity

I’m just living my life at a snail’s velocity

Let me ask another philosophical question

If a shooting star falls, does it even get a mention?

No comments:

Post a Comment