Friday, January 24, 2020

Head Over Heels


I can’t ignore you any longer
My attraction to you is stronger
Lord knows I’ve tried to run
Lord knows I was all but done
To say my crush never happened
Doesn’t give me satisfaction
Doesn’t bring me mental peace
Cure my sadness in the least
By being honest with myself
I’m taking control of my health
Isn’t that what love is all about?
Why plant the seeds of doubt?
Because it feels so damn wrong?
It doesn’t make a good song?
People can’t stop laughing?
It’s a sin to just be happy?
I’m sick of lying to myself
Pretending to be someone else
I’m allowed to say, “I love you”
I know these words to be true
Head over heels and unashamed
Nothing can ever be the same
Broken heart can always restart
Even when ripped clean apart
One of these days I’ll say it to you
I’ve got nothing left inside to lose
Yes or no? Please think about it
Even if your answer is to shout it
Only then will I figure it out
Was it right of me to doubt?
Were my feelings valid all along?
Or have I always been so wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment