Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Island Zealot


A mismatch from the very beginning
There never really was any winning
Nothing in common but our biology
Brought together through technology
I could show you my CD collection
The heaviest hard rock connection
I could show you my shelves of books
Obscure titles with exciting hooks
You could pet my elderly kitty cat
Earn head bumps and purrs just like that
We could talk about power to the people
And try to pretend everything is equal
We could play with my chest of Legos
Make them fight right from the get-go
I could write you a poem or story
That’ll leave your soul freely soaring
We could go for a walk to stuff our faces
With so much food from different places
But it was never really meant to be
I’m an island zealot, but what does it mean?
It means I’m the only one in this room
Who follows my own interests to my doom
I can’t share them with you, you don’t care
You cut me down with a confused stare
All you cared about was my profile picture
Could your shallow intentions get any sicker?
You’d leave me once the beauty fades away
I’m sorry, but I didn’t come here to play
My hair and eyes are my best features, I’m told
But a handsome profile doesn’t equal pure gold
I need someone to be my very best friend
Give it to me or this conversation will end
I don’t need new hobbies or interests, honey
Don’t need a billion dollars worth of hush money
I’m good enough to be my own fucking man
I’m sorry I don’t fit into your devious plans

No comments:

Post a Comment