Friday, March 29, 2019

Pool


Floating on my back, an out of body experience
The water’s nice and warm, nothing too serious
Just me, the sunset, and my vast imagination
A perfect way to continue my mental vacation
I could travel through the ocean of twinkling stars
Forget the noisy highway and its polluting cars
I could pretend there are hands on my shoulders
Cupping, squeezing to keep me from getting colder
A sensual soundtrack to trigger my young thoughts
The smell of herbal tea boiling on the stovetop
For one night only, I have nothing to worry about
I could stay here forever, never once getting out
The water feels good against my aching muscles
Relaxation feels good after a day’s worth of hustle
I’ll swim a few laps in my own personal ocean
Marine life and crystals recharging my emotions
Baptism in sweetness, cure all of my diseases
Walk on the surface like a modern day Jesus
Part the seas with my hydromantic powers
Give watery life to the springtime flowers
If the phone rings, then I’ll refuse to answer
I wouldn’t even rise for the necromancer
Nothing can remove me from my sparkling sea
Nothing will qualify as a true emergency
The world can wait until my stress melts away
It’s not as though I won’t wake up the next day
Forget the afterlife, because this pool is heaven
It’s been that way for all of twenty-four-seven
When I rise in the sunlit dawn of morning
I shall return despite your deaf-ears warnings
You can call it hedonism until your throat is raw
But I give zero cares about your biblical laws
Being a grown man is intolerably overrated
It’s better to live life painless and sedated

No comments:

Post a Comment