Sunday, January 13, 2019

2019


My intentions for the brand new year
Have never been so crystalline clear
Drop a hundred pounds as I walk this town
While listening to favorite heavy metal sounds
Publish a new book full of action and drama
Edit that bitch down to the very last comma
Find a girl who loves me for my soul
Who’ll pull me out of my blackest hole
Read more books and clear my shelves
I’ll review them all, but read for yourselves
Learn how to drive some clunky machinery
Eat less junk food and eat more greenery
See Tarja Turunen perform at a show
Even if the destination is one I don’t know
Buy a T-shirt that says Ego Kills Talent
Vote for justice on the November ballot
Glide my fingers across the piano again
Play some funky music that never ends
Be the best kitty father I can possibly be
Emilio the snuggle buddy sleeping with me
Write more often while being wide awake
Write every day if that’s what it takes
If these dreams and goals sound unrealistic
You’re obviously part of this division
You might as well stand right in my path
Can’t guarantee your safety in the aftermath
You say I can’t do it, I tell you to screw it
You’ve got too much attitude; lose it
This year is mine to grab by the horns
This life is mine, it shall never be torn

No comments:

Post a Comment