Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Italian Stallion


Let’s bookend this crazy twenty-eighteen
With the cutest fuzz ball you’ve ever seen
The sweetest old man to walk the earth
The reason for my happiness and rebirth
His name is Emilio, the Italian Stallion
Bouncy like Tigger, sleepy like Valium
His interests include cuddling and snuggling
Whether I’m happy with life or struggling
The year before, three fur babies passed
I never thought it could happen so fast
Maggie the saggy-jowled Springer Spaniel
Watching her die was more than I could handle
Sitka was a kitty called the Queen of Halloween
Now her spiritual essence will forever fly free
Smokey loved to sleep on my comfy bed
Now she permanently rests her fuzzy head
While nobody could replace these beautiful souls
Somebody had to patch up my heart full of holes
Emilio the sweetie pie would come to my aid
Though at first he was timid, lonely, and afraid
It took some pettings and cradles in my arms
No longer would he come into danger or harm
Safe from the streets, cozy under my roof
Love is very real and Emilio is living proof
May he spend his days happy and relaxed
To a homeless life, he’ll never ever go back
Welcome to my home, welcome to my bed
Feel free to rest your fluffy old kitty head

No comments:

Post a Comment