Thursday, May 17, 2018

Shy Guy Blues


VERSE 1
You think it’s cute when I stare at my shoes
As I try to shake off these shy guy blues
As I sit and stew over nothing really new
Sifting through creative fuel to see what’s true
It’s okay if you don’t want to talk to me
It’s not like I’m the easiest guy to see
In a crowd full of people who love to chat
About the weather, their jobs, this, and that

VERSE 2
Confidence and charisma come so naturally
To those whose motto is “Love Actually”
I try to think of what I have to offer you
I’m coming up short, still the quiet attitude
I could write you a poem, but you won’t see it
Even if you could, you’d never believe it
It’s okay if you don’t want to crack my shell
I hope the rest of your day is going very well

BRIDGE
I don’t need to be a superman
Don’t need a shallow one night stand
Don’t need a pocket full of cash
I’ll just take a trip to sleepy land

VERSE 3
I dream about you every single night
I can’t tell you, because it isn’t right
You deserve every last of your comforts
My shy guy blues are my favorite cover
It’s okay if you think I’m just a coward
It’s okay if you don’t want to give me power
The shadows are my permanent address
For that, the two of us should feel blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment