Saturday, April 13, 2024

Saliva

You grab my wrist as I try to walk away

“Let’s talk like adults!” I hear you say

Grown up you may be, you scream like a kid

Who got one too few of his Christmas gifts

 

Every word is a breach of the peace

The bar was in hell, top level at least

I told you that I don’t like confrontation

You did jack shit with the information

 

You don’t have within you the will to change

Yet you want my open-mindedness all the same

An open mind is a two-way street

And sometimes you have to travel on broken feet

 

An honest conversation is not what this is

Breaking spirits is your favorite sin

Only one thing to do to end this friendship

That I gave so many years of my investment

 

Saliva in your face, running down your nose

And onto your lips, it drips so slow

The ultimate act of disrespect

Sadness in your eyes is what I detect

 

Goodbye, old friend, until next time

Which is hopefully never, that wish is mine

I finally turn and walk out of sight

And now I bid you the coldest of nights

 

My bed is warm, my food is hot

My home is here, with you it’s not

Maybe in the next life if it exists

We can start all over as innocent kids

No comments:

Post a Comment