Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Milkshake Blender


VERSE 1
Everything looks the same to me
Blended together by conformity
Every line and every rhyme
Characters who never shined
Every plot hole I couldn’t fix
Masked by phony Jedi tricks
Everything I’ve ever created
Has left me bitter and jaded

CHORUS
A milkshake blender of blood and shit
Mixing together vinegar and piss
It’s all the same, I am to blame
It’s my only claim to fame

VERSE 2
Starting over never felt so tough
My macho façade is only a bluff
A blank sheet of paper glaring at me
Stripping my heart of its self-esteem

CHORUS
A milkshake blender of blood and shit
Mixing together vinegar and piss
It’s all the same, I am to blame
It’s my only claim to fame

BRIDGE
A legacy built on repetition
Antithesis to the artist’s mission
Molded by the public opinion
I’ve taken more than I’ve given

VERSE 3
Now’s not the time to say goodbye
Now’s not the time to fucking cry
Now’s not the time for a lullaby
Pick up that pen and redefine
What it means to be creative
Instead of fearful and evasive
If at first you don’t succeed
Write until your fingers bleed

ALTERNATIVE CHORUS
A milkshake blender forever destroyed
My artistic side will never be a toy
My life is not a divine comedy
Not dictated by a capitalist economy

No comments:

Post a Comment