Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tristan Jealous


VERSE 1
Dr. Jealous, what has become of me?
Can you give me something to set me free?
A shot of horse to keep me cheery and bright?
A can of caffeine to keep me up all night?
Laziness and comfort, my two best friends
A friendship this close rarely ever ends
Can you scrape me out of my bed?
So I can meet my goals, keep my ego fed?

VERSE 2
Dr. Jealous, I have something to prove
I need my fix to keep me on the move
I came to the protest with my cardboard sign
And a pocket of pills to make me feel fine
I can face the world one demon at a time
But all at once? That’s the steepest climb
Here comes the circus, here come the clowns
Not one safe space in this crumbling town

VERSE 3
Dr. Jealous, do you think she likes me?
Is this dangerous risk even worth trying?
Pop a Xanax or two, maybe even three
Only then will she see the best of me
I sit in the park trying to remain calm
Another day’s dosage in my shaking palm
Maybe I should turn and walk away
Save my courage for yet another day

BRIDGE
Tristan Jealous, I’m overzealous
I’m feeling a little bit rebellious
Call a medic, yes, I said it
My chart is in need of an edit
I cannot take this, I cannot fake it
I’m not sure if I can even make it
Doctor, doctor, help me out now
‘Cause I’m not ready to bow down

VERSE 4
Dr. Jealous, I can’t reach the phone
I’m trapped in this white cell all alone
The nurses told me over and over again
That I’ll be free when eternity ends
Everyone here is blending together
Washed away like stormy weather
Dr. Jealous, I’m calling your name
Please tell them that I’m not to blame

No comments:

Post a Comment