Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Quick Update for Reviews

Looking back at my most recent reviews, it appears as though I’ve been giving the Extra Credit grade far more often than I’d have you all believe. I keep bragging about how it’s a “rare grade” and I thought to myself…maybe it shouldn’t be. Maybe I shouldn’t be so picky when it comes to grading things I love. From this day going forward, the terminology I use for each individual grade (Extra Credit, Pass, Mixed, Fail, and Zero Credit) will be replaced with letter grades instead (A, B, C, D, and F). The word “pass” doesn’t have the same definition for every reviewer. I used to use it to mean “you passed the class” whereas others use it to mean “I’m passing on your project”. Also, two stars doesn’t really come off as true failure. That’s all I have to say for now: five-star reviews will come more often and letter grades will replace outdated terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment