Monday, October 26, 2020

I'm So Sad

 VERSE 1

If I cry about depression and the tiredness after

You’ll contrast my problems to natural disasters

If I curl into a ball and say that nothing matters

You’ll attribute my problems to getting fatter

If I reach out my hand and touch your fingers

You’ll slap my face and the pain will linger

You’re an advocate until my tears pour down

You’ll grab a canoe while I suffer and drown


CHORUS 1

If I don’t shout this at the top of my lungs

I might as well rip out my own damn tongue

I’m so sad!

I’m so sad!


VERSE 2

Everyone around me is falling in love

I’m a jealous bastard, I can’t get enough

Everyone around me is getting their coin

I’d do it myself, but then what’s the point?

Everyone around me is winning at life

Everyone around me is smiling so bright

Everyone around me is secretly hurting

But that doesn’t soothe my own burning


CHORUS 2

If I don’t scream this at the top of my voice

Everyone will think that I still have a choice

I’m so sad!

I’m so sad!


BRIDGE

They call it whining and crying

I say they’re dining and lying

They call it wishful thinking

I say my damn ship is sinking

They tell me to just suck it up

I say it’s time for me to give up

They tell me happy days are ahead

I say I’m already lying in bed


VERSE 3

Dreams come true a million times a day

I couldn’t fight for my own anyway

If you believe, there’s nothing you can’t achieve

Whoever said that is out to deceive


CHORUS 3

If I don’t call bullshit on “fake it ‘til you make it”

I might as well take my own heart and break it

I’m so sad!

I’m so sad!

I’m so sad!

I’m so sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment