Monday, November 4, 2019

Give It Back


Give me back my money, give me back my mind
These priceless treasures were never yours to find
Give me back my freedom, take away my demons
Give me back my house keys to the Garden of Eden
Give me back my beauty so people can still use me
Give me back my rights in case they want to sue me
Give me back my toys, give me back my animals
Give me back the snacks you feast on like cannibals
Give me back my life, give me back my dreams
Give me back my art and turn STEM into STEAM
Give me back my story in all its rough draft glory
Give me back my creativity so I won’t be boring
Give me back my energy, give me back my health
Give me back my teenage clothes, a new notch in my belt
Give me back my hopes, give me back my jokes
Give me back my career so I don’t have to be broke
Give me back my passport so I can go on adventures
Give me back my courage so I can be an avenger
Give me back my strength so I can be a badass
Not a puddle of pudding and a fucking sad-ass
Give me back everything that you took from me
Before I make you suffer, before I make you bleed
Torture you for information, torture you for fun
Torture you with a whip, maybe even a loaded gun
You drove me to this and gave me no other choice
This is heavy ass metal, not cacophonic noise
Give me back my innocence, let me walk the streets
Without cuffs on my wrists and shackles on my feet
I had the right to rage for my very last page
Now you’ll never live beyond your final age

No comments:

Post a Comment