Saturday, May 11, 2019

Not Tonight


VERSE 1
All I want to do is lay on the couch
Keep the TV on while I’m zoning out
A precious fur baby on my chest
Relaxing this way is truly the best
Any other night would have been okay
Any other night, I wouldn’t want to stay
But for now it’s time to turn out the light
Not tonight, my sweetie, just not tonight

VERSE 2
All I want to do is read my novel
I shouldn’t even have to beg or grovel
I shouldn’t have to debate this with you
I’m an introvert and it’s nothing new
Any other night would be pure bliss
Any other night, I wouldn’t want to miss
But for now this isn’t worth a fair fight
Not tonight, my queen, just not tonight

VERSE 3
All I want is a bowl of ice cream
To satisfy my sweetest sweet tooth dreams
Peanut butter chocolate or plain vanilla
It’d be worth weighing more than a gorilla
Any other night we’d have a healthy meal
Any other night I’d submit to your deal
But for now sugary heaven just feels right
Not tonight, my lady, just not tonight

VERSE 4
You can call me lazy as I swim in gravy
You can call me a child innocent and mild
All I know is that I need my own space
All I know is that I need a comfy place
To rest my head and decompress my mind
Before anxiety crushes me from behind
I’m sure one day you’ll understand my plight
Not tonight, my lovely, just not tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment