Wednesday, October 17, 2018

My Child


VERSE 1
If I allowed you to be born in this world
Your hate for me would come full circle
I’d give you the genes, the mental disease
You would murder yourself to be set free
Ripping the stitches after life-saving surgery
Someone stole your soul, an act of burglary
A never-ending cycle of psychological torture
Another week to live is what the doctor orders

VERSE 2
If I allowed you to be born on this earth
You’d be considered a criminal by virtue of birth
Bullied by the worst kinds of scum in school
Fired by the bosses with their autocratic rule
Beaten by the cowards in the dingiest prison
Until darkness becomes your only true vision
I couldn’t put you through any of that shit
Another reason to never have my own kid

BRIDGE
My child, my son, my daughter, my young
Punished for the crime of not holding your tongue
Punished for the crime of not breaking down
Punished for wanting to drown out the sounds
Of the voices telling you you’re not good enough
That surviving this world is for the macho and tough
I can’t raise you in an environment such as this
Time to say goodnight with a forehead kiss

VERSE 3
My only children have fur on their bodies
My only children bark for a piece of salami
My only children meow for a can of tuna fish
My only children drink from a paw print dish
My only children don’t need to go to college
To pay off their debts by emptying their wallets
To answer to the police for doing nothing wrong
Just listen to this purr baby’s mechanical song

No comments:

Post a Comment