Monday, April 20, 2020

How Much Longer? Wait Your Turn...


How much longer until this is over?
When my thoughts are clear and sober?
When the voices leave my mind forever?
Please tell me that the answer isn’t never

Wait your turn like a good little boy
Wait your turn to unhear the noise
Like a rainstorm, it’ll eventually pass
Until then, enjoy your kick in the ass

How much longer until I can leave?
Until making a cure has been achieved?
Until authority will no longer deceive?
Hopefully soon is what I can believe

Wait your turn like everybody else
We’re in this together, our moment of hell
Don’t be tempted by the church bells
Don’t forget about the ones who fell

How much longer until permanent peace?
Until the madness of the world will cease?
Until people come before the economy?
Until we can skip this whole tragicomedy?

Wait your turn like a model citizen
What makes you so goddamn different?
Don’t let your selfishness get in the way
Of America living on for another day

How much longer until I can rest my head?
And not have to worry about being dead?
Maybe that’s the only logical conclusion
Maybe I shouldn’t give into delusions

Wait your turn, you’ve got a long way to go
When your time will come, nobody knows
Get to work on your precious purple prose
Work until the day that your breathing slows
I know it’s cruel and it just isn’t fair
All I can tell you is to grow a brass pair
You never signed up for military life
But the truth cuts deeper than a bowie knife

Screw your harshness, screw your indifference
Screw your so-called melodic dissonance
I’ll be back in true form one of these days
Until then, your welcome is long overstayed
I’m the landlord and the rent is now due
Don’t act like this just came out of the blue
I’ll kick your ass out of my mind so fast
You’ll be too far back in the prehistoric past

No comments:

Post a Comment