Saturday, June 2, 2018

Cracking Under Pressure


VERSE 1
You dragged me out of my comfort zone
And left me there to breakdown alone
You wanted it to go wrong from the start
All I’ve got now is a broken fucking heart
It’s never about creating strong citizens
It was always just an over-hyped idiom
You won’t lose a second of sleep over this
While my dreams are full of vinegar and piss

VERSE 2
I cracked like a shell underneath the pressure
All for your ego and sadistic little pleasure
I’m not the diamond you’ve always wanted
I’m the ghost that leaves the world haunted
Next time when you throw me in the deep end
Give me some oxygen on which I can depend
Don’t tie a cinder block around my ankle
And send me to live with the fucking angels

VERSE 3
Is that what you call opportunity right there?
This is what I call too much to fucking bear
A nervous wreck with a noose on my neck
You put it there to keep my ass in check
I can’t calm down with you hovering over me
Singling me out like I’m the weakest link
I’m sending you my two weeks notice today
Maybe I’ll choose right now to fuck away

FINAL VERSE
You can call it coasting while proudly boasting
That I’m the only one you’re fucking roasting
Thanks for the life experience, you jackass
Not like you’ll experience any of the backlash

No comments:

Post a Comment