Thursday, January 25, 2018

Lunatic Justice

***LUNATIC JUSTICE***

On the tentative date of February 2nd, 2018, my very first copy of Lunatic Justice will arrive on my doorstep. Based on how well the book looks in terms of cover size and inner content, that will be the same day I approve it for official publication. For the past few months, Marie Krepps and I have been busy, busy, busy making sure this poetry and song collection was in tiptop shape. Some poems had to be cut while others just needed some simple tweaking. All of the hard work the two of us put into this project will finally pay off. In addition to critiquing my poems, Marie has also constructed an awesome-looking cover, which I’ll reveal to the world once Lunatic Justice is on the market.

The lesson of the day is never to underestimate the power of a good critique buddy. Marie truly is one of a kind when it comes to her role in my book publishing adventures. She’s funny, she’s spicy, and she’s on-point. What more could you ask for in someone like that? She genuinely wants you to find success in your writing journey. She doesn’t give praise unless you’ve earned it. If you want to know how to earn it, she’ll be happy to teach you just that, as long as you’ve got open ears, open eyes, and an open heart. A good critique buddy is often hard to find. When you’ve got yours, hold onto him or her and never let go.

Like Necrograph and Confessions of a Schizophrenic Savage before it, the poetry in Lunatic Justice contains social commentary, angry feelings, and sometimes moments of dark humor. The poems will make you feel uncomfortable at times or even pissed off. But that is the nature of learning new things: to be challenged on a constant basis. Don’t worry, I’m not going to fancy myself as some kind of 32-year-old sage. Lunatic Justice is just one man’s perspective on the ups and downs of life. If you’re willing to open your heart to this kind of music, I encourage you to buy a copy of this book when it eventually hits the online market. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll break shit…just like some of you already do on a daily basis!

I’m Garrison Kelly and I’ll see you motherfuckers soon!


***SILENT WARRIOR***

Another thing I like about having Marie as a critique buddy is her ability to encourage people to do what they’ve always dreamed. When I doubted the direction my creative life was going, she was there to cheer me on as I wrote, as of now, four chapters of Silent Warrior. She especially likes this concept because the content means the most to me. Those are the best kinds of stories and they’re the ones that will sound the most genuine. If you’ve enjoyed the adventures of Scott George so far, get ready for things to take a turn for the worst. Chapter five will be written through the prospective of either Tom Simpson or the Principal of Perkins High, Linda Williams (I haven’t decided yet). I could be accused of head hopping here, but since it’s always successful in movies and TV shows, I really don’t give a damn.


***MOVIE QUOTE OF THE DAY***

“You can’t win the war by fighting what you hate. You win it by saving what you love.


-Rose Tico from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”-

No comments:

Post a Comment