Sunday, September 3, 2017

I'm an American

CHORUS
I’m an AmeriCAN, not an AmeriDON’T X4

VERSE 1
I don’t need the police to tell me how to eat
If it’s a candy bar or a mountain of meat
Chewing on the treat with my mouth wide open
You can do nothing about it, just remain stoic
Will you make an arrest for the way I eat?
Surrender my ass to the nearest precinct?
Good luck finding a jury who gives a shit
Good luck finding a judge who cares just a bit

CHORUS
I’m an AmeriCAN, not an AmeriDON’T X4

VERSE 2
I don’t need the law to tell me how to dress
I have no responsibilities or people to impress
Sweatpants and Pink Floyd shirts are my style
Take selfies and post them online for a while
Will you put cuffs on me for the way I dress?
Did you actually pass the fucking bar test?
Good luck finding a jury who’ll find me guilty
Good luck finding a judge with a heart so chilly

CHORUS
I’m an AmeriCAN, not an AmeriDON’T X4

BRIDGE
This is America, not North Korea
This is free speech, not verbal diarrhea
This is free expression, not acting like a clown
This is America, not Putin’s hometown

VERSE 3
I’m not a member of the Washington Bar
But I know your case won’t go very far
Nothing illegal about chewing like a beast
Nothing immoral about sweatpants in the least
The case is closed, just like your mind
A not guilty verdict is what the jury finds
You wasted the taxpayers’ time and money
In the land of opportunity, milk, and honey

CHORUS

I’m an AmeriCAN, not an AmeriDON’T X4

No comments:

Post a Comment