Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Unused Dialogue

***UNUSED DIALOGUE***

Whether these pieces of dialogue are based in reality, dreams, or random thoughts, they somehow found a place in my mind, but not in my work. They may never be used for anything. The may be pieces of dialogue in a song. They may be used as prompt suggestions. I have no idea what the future holds for these pieces of dialogue, so I’m going to share them with you all to see if they have any true potential for anything bigger than random thoughts. Starting with…


TEENAGE GIRL: (Sobbing)
COP: What’s wrong? Are you okay? Why aren’t you in school?
TEENAGE GIRL: The teacher told me I’m too stupid to go to school…(more sobbing)


LITTLE BOY: That Lacey Sturm is so pretty! When I grow up, I’m going to marry her!
CROWD: (Erupts into obnoxious laughter.)
LITTLE BOY: W…why are you laughing at me?
CROWD: (Continues laughing.)
LITTLE BOY: (sniff, sniff)…Why?


DETECTIVE: State your name for the record.
ME: Garrison Edward Ethan Kelly.
DETECTIVE: G.E.E.K.? Okay, um. I want you to tell me again how you knew those Denny’s cooks were aliens from another planet.
ME: Because they kept making offensive remarks about Europeans.


CASHIER: Hello.
ME: Hi.
CASHIER: Is that a work uniform?
ME: No, it’s just a regular polo shirt.
CASHIER: Oh. Where do you work?
ME: I don’t work anywhere. I’m unemployed.
CASHIER: Um…okay…uh…Are you self-employed?
ME: No, I’m unemployed.
CASHIER: Oh. Okay.


TARJA TURUNEN: You’re being awfully quiet tonight.
ME: I, uh…I get tongue-tied around beautiful women, that’s all.
TARJA TURUNEN: (Giggles) That’s just adorable!


SCOTTISH TEACHER: What have we here, laddie? Mysterious scribblings? A secret code? No, drawings, no less. Drawings, everyone!
STUDENTS: (Burst into laughter.)
SCOTTISH TEACHER: The laddie reckons himself an artist!
STUDENTS: (More laughter.)
SCOTTISH TEACHER: (Showing off the drawings.) And here we see Eddy from Ed, Edd, n’ Eddy performing oral sex on Kevin.
STUDENTS: Eww!
SCOTTISH TEACHER: While Kevin is standing on top of a coffin!
STUDENTS: Eww!
ONE STUDENT: Holy shit!
STUDENTS: (Laughing.)
SCOTTISH TEACHER: (Mouthing) Watch your language!
STUDENT: Sorry.
SCOTTISH TEACHER: (Showing off more drawings.) And here we see Bambi with a rope around his neck, a ball gag in his mouth, and a dildo in his arse!
STUDENTS: Eww!
SCOTTISH TEACHER: And the dildo has the words written on it, “Deer spear”.
STUDENTS: Eww!
SCOTTISH TEACHER: That is NOT how sex works! (Slaps artist’s hand with a pencil.) Pervert!


MISS SCHNEIDER: So, does anybody here have an example of what a community is? How about you, Garrison?
ME: Uh…shopping carts?
STUDENTS: (Laughter.)
ME: Shut up! (Pounds one of the laughing students over the head with a text book.)


MATT MCNAMARA: I just watched The Faces of Death. (Sick smile.)
SEAN MCNAMARA: What do you watch that shit for?!
MATT MCNAMARA: Because it’s cool!
CHRISTIAN TROY: Because he’s a serial killer in training.


MISS GRADY: Garrison, do we allow gum in Chehalis Middle School?
ME: No, we don’t.
MISS GRADY: And why is gum not allowed in our school?
ME: Um…I don’t know.
STUDENTS: (Laughing.)
ME: I don’t want to say anything! Call on somebody else!
MISS GRADY: Anybody else want to give it a shot?


Anybody want to take a guess as to which categories these pieces of dialogue fall under (fact or fiction)? I suppose it doesn’t matter, because this blog entry is as far as they’ll get…maybe…I don’t know…I’ve tried using dreams as creative fuel before and it ended disastrously. Maybe these dialogue snippets will be part of a larger song, kind of like how “Song of Myself” by Nightwish had a whole bunch of dialogue near the end; although, Tuomas Holopainen has me beaten in the songwriting department by a country mile. Speaking of Nightwish, I wonder what Marcelo Cabuli will think of me calling his wife “beautiful”. What about Lacey Sturm’s husband finding out a little boy had designs of marrying her? Anyways, we’ve got ears, say cheers!


***POISON TONGUE TALES 2: THE RIGHT TO REMAIN PSYCHOTIC***

Yesterday was a fine day for PTT2 action as I’ve penned a short story called “Where’s My Damn Money?” Now it’s onto the next one, as Jay-Z once said. This new story will be called “Robo Heck” (a lame ass play on words for Robotech, and yes, I’m trying to think of a new title for it, so back off). Here’s the synopsis for it:

CHARACTERS:

  1. David Masters V, Human Mech Pilot
  2. Amalia Strom, Amazonian Viking

PROMPT CONFORMITY: To be announced.

SYNOPSIS: David crash lands his giant robot on a tropical island and spends most of the day trying to fix it so he can get back to his military base. Amalia, the giantess who owns the island, wants to crush David underneath her foot and “make the world a better place for women”. In her words, men are responsible for creating war and David is part of the problem since he pilots a gigantic weapon for a living. With his mech only partially fixed, David has to fight off the Amazonian with what he managed to repair. He would also be better served to try and reason with his attacker before she completely obliterates him.

EXTRA NOTE: Remember what Bastian said in The Never Ending Story: “It’s just a story! It’s not real! It’s a fucking story!” Well, he didn’t drop an F-bomb, but the sentiment is the same: don’t make too much out of that synopsis.


***DARK FANTASY WARRIORS***

Chetty Claymore, the debt-collecting elven necromancer from “Where’s My Damn Money?”, is next on deck for this series. Yes, folks: it’s yet another guy wearing a monk’s robe. Deal with it. What else is a necromancer like him supposed to wear: flip-flops and Daisy Dukes?


***STUCK RUBBER BABY***

With Paper Towns in the rear view mirror, I’ve been reading a new book these past few days: “Stuck Rubber Baby” by Howard Cruse. Because it’s a graphic novel and easy on the eyes, I plan on finishing it sooner than later and then giving a glowing review of it. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to give it an extra credit grade or a passing one. It’s about being a gay man in the bible belt during the civil rights era, so naturally the main character has a huge struggle ahead of him. I highly recommend it both as an eye-opener and as a compelling story.


***MOVIE QUOTE OF THE DAY***

“The video arcade is just up the street. Here, we sell small rectangular objects. They’re called books. They require a little effort on your part and make no bee-bee-bee-bee-beeps. On your way, please.


-Mr. Correander (the grumpy book salesman) from “The Never Ending Story”-

No comments:

Post a Comment