Thursday, July 20, 2017

If I Had Been Vince

(A WWE-themed parody of “Déjà vu” by Roger Waters.)

If I had been Vince
I would have rearranged the veins in my arms to make them more
Resistant to steroids and less prone to injury

If I had been Vince
I would have hired many indie guys and would not have suffered
John Cena to bury even one of them

If I had been McMahon
With my Raw and Smackdown brands
If I had been given the nod
I believe I could have done a better job

If I had been JBL
Patrolling the locker room showers
With an entitled sense of power
And the Twitter feed of a coward
I would be afraid to find Edge alone
I’d have the coldest set of stones
At least until I burn in hell
If I had been JBL

The company’s in ruins
And that’s a damn fact
The cheering fans are gone
The creative well is flat
The matches of dreams with no reason to fight
Because the CEO has to always be right

And it feels like the same old shit
The ratings go down, you’re throwing a fit
Counting the cost of main events lost
Under the mid-card to get slapped by the boss

It’s only $9.99 for the ultimate “April Fools”

No comments:

Post a Comment