Thursday, December 2, 2021

Stop

Holiday season

A good reason to sleep in

Fever dream demons


STOP!


Tell me I’m no good

In case it’s misunderstood

Quit because I should


STOP!


Play the same damn song

Like it’s ninety minutes long

Hangover’s so strong


STOP!


“What’s the matter, dude?

Don’t be such a little prude

Have some more fast food”


STOP!


“We ain’t stopping soon

We can do this until June

Happy Birthday, loon”


STOP!


I have no more words

For the ones who give me burns

None of your concern


…Stop…


It’s called thought-stopping

My blood pressure is dropping

Brain isn’t popping



I can breathe again

No longer have to defend

Round came to an end



Until the next time

When you mock my little rhymes

Tell me I should die


…Stop…


Never-ending war

Everything becomes a chore

No choice but to snore


…Stop…

No comments:

Post a Comment