Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Dreams

DIALOGUE 1
Adult: What do you want to do when you grow up?
Kid 1: I want to flip hamburgers!
Kid 2: I want to clean toilets!
Kid 3: I want to bag groceries!

VERSE 1
How can you dream big when you can’t fall asleep?
When there’s no liquor bottle that’s too deep?
No excitement in this world that’s too cheap?
No friendship in this life that you can keep?
Do you even know what your biggest dreams are?
A white picket fence, a family, and a sports car?
Or is it just surviving yet another dark day?
No rainbows today, but there’s plenty of rain

DIALOGUE 2
Adult: What do you want to do when you grow up?
Kid 1: I want to panhandle!
Kid 2: I want to stay in bed!
Kid 3: I want to sell drugs!

VERSE 2
Being an astronaut is easy when you’re a child
To be a dreamer is to let your mind go wild
Being a princess is what you’ve always believed
When you grow the fuck up, you’ve been deceived
Being on the big screen is a Hollywood trip away
As long as you take the director’s dick and play
Low expectations are the new Disneyland
Peter Pan isn’t going to hold you by the hand

DIALOGUE 3
Adult: What do you want to do when you grow up?
Kid 1: I want to jump off a cliff!
Kid 2: I want to swallow a bunch of pills!
Kid 3: I want to put a gun to my head!

VERSE 3
Is this depressing shit making you want to cry?
Or do you dare to spread your wings and fly?
Fly around the world? Fly into outer space?
Fly off a building, splat all over the place?
Find out whoever took away your dreams
Hold him hostage, make him feel your screams
Tell him over and over how he fucked you bad
Laugh in his face like you’re fucking mad!

DIALOGUE 4
Adult: What do you want to do when you grow up?

Teenager: I’ll do whatever the fuck I want, you shallow prick! Resist, motherfuckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment