Friday, April 28, 2023

Nothing More

Last night, I went to Seattle’s Neptune Theater to see Nothing More in concert with Crown the Empire and Thousand Below opening for them. I hadn’t heard the openers prior to that night, but I wouldn’t mind owning every CD they’ve got. They were energetic, they were badass, and they very much deserved to share a stage with Nothing More. Speaking of which, Nothing More put on a kick-ass show just like I expected them to. I blew my vocal cords out screaming along with “Go to War” and “Turn It Up Like”. I’ll always get a kick out of Jonny Hawkins using the Scorpion Tail machine to enhance the sound and just generally go nuts with it. Going nuts is the only way Nothing More does things, especially during the song “This Is the Time” and Jonny’s subsequent drumming afterwards. All in all, I’m glad I went to the concert, sore back and legs be damned. At the same time, I couldn’t wait to get home so that I could chug an entire pitcher of iced tea to soothe my throat. On a side note, I appreciate the fact that the Neptune Theater has an ocean mythology gimmick in its designs, with the tridents on the doors, the merfolk art on the stained glass windows, and so much more. I think concert venues in general should have creative gimmicks more often. I wouldn’t mind going to a place called the Barbarian Amphitheater if somebody built it. That would be the perfect venue for Jonny Hawkins to use the Scorpion Tail! But I’m getting ahead of myself…

No comments:

Post a Comment