Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Article

(Sarcastic parody of pop science.)

VERSE 1
Ninety percent of drinks are made with Xantham Gum
I don’t even know where that terminology comes from
All I know is that it could lead to the biggest stroke
Even though this article was probably written as a joke

CHORUS
I read an article on the internet X4

VERSE 2
Eighty percent of fat people are going to die
The rest of us are immortal; why would the article lie?
People who eat kale are going to live forever
The rest of the population will always say never
The sample size is only about thirty-five people
Yet we assume all humans are created equal
The results have been skewed in our own favor
Because avocado butter is the new life saver

CHORUS
I read an article on the internet X4

VERSE 3
The internet sheeple hang on every word we say
Because they don’t get their news any other way
Seventy percent of assholes in laboratory coats
Are trustworthy enough to dispel any single hoax
A hundred percent of people who blindly follow
Have toothpick spines and skulls that are hollow
Science is a business, everything we say is true
Farting cures cancer and even the moody blues

EXTENDED CHORUS
I read an article on the internet
I read with undivided interest
I believed it like I was in a cult
I bought everything they sold
I read an article on a website
I eat seaweed every damn night
I drink smoothies made of fish cum

At least it doesn’t have Xantham Gum

No comments:

Post a Comment