Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Plugging Friends

No, I’m not here to plug another quick-paced book. On the contrary, I’m here to plug blogs from two of my favorite people in the whole world: Gracie Jones and Susan Wilson.

Susan’s blog is a weird-ass news blog called “Deep Space Cowgirl”. In addition to advertising it on this site, I’m also drawing pictures for her in hopes that she’ll use them. I already drew her a picture of Balok from Star Trek in a cowboy hat and space armor. I’m not too sure if she’s keen on my squid in an astronaut’s suit, though. Either way, I think of Susan as family, mainly because she was at one point dating my brother James. And because she’s family, I’ll do anything within my means to help her out. Maybe she can make some money from this blog, which is nice since I’m currently unemployed and need more people to filter-feed off of. Hehe!

Gracie’s blog is one dedicated to the art of writing. Like me, she too wants to become a professional author and hopes to do so through the writing prompts she has suggested over the weeks. This isn’t just some willy-nilly list of prompts; these are thoughtful questions that every writer should consider. That, and they’re lots of fun to do! But if for some reason you get completed with these homework assignments and don’t see another post for a while, don’t panic. Gracie’s laptop is busted to the point where it’s in two pieces. It’s hard to write blog entries when your laptop looks like it’s been assaulted by a wild cheetah. Give her time and patience and something will come up.

Susan’s blog can be found here:
http://deepspacecowgirl.wordpress.com/

And Gracie’s blog can be found here:
http://foraspiringauthors.blogspot.com/

As my English teachers in college used to say to me, happy reading!

 

***FACEBOOK MEME OF THE DAY***

Grammar: it’s the difference between “knowing your shit” and “knowing you’re shit”.

No comments:

Post a Comment