Sunday, November 22, 2015

Economic Status

CHORUS
Why are you so interested in my economic status? X4


VERSE 1
I’ve never been a member of the top one-percent
And it’s something I should never have to defend
It’s none of your business what I do for a living
It’s none of your business if I’m taking or giving
Bury your face back in your Wall Street Journal
We already know that your wealth is eternal
Please excuse me while I pig out at McDonald’s
While you enjoy caviar with Mitch McConnell


CHORUS
Why are you so interested in my economic status? X4


VERSE 2
Filling out applications gets old really fast
My tenure of employment doesn’t even last
Curse words and hellfire come out in a blast
I’ve long since given up, this is all in the past
Why are you interested in my problem solving skills?
Just hire my ass so I can pay my fucking bills
The more things change, the more they stay the same
The corporate ladder is like the Monopoly board game


MODIFIED CHORUS
Why are you so interested in my economic status?
Why does my bank account make you the maddest?
Why do my ambitions give you the worst nightmares?
Is being different really one of the boldest dares?


HOOK
If I’m writing a story or writing a song
Then my path to happiness can’t be wrong
If I’m drawing pictures or taking photos
Then I can’t always be a stereotypical hobo


CHORUS
Why are you so interested in my economic status? X4

No comments:

Post a Comment